Innergex Renewable Energy Inc
Innergex is an independent renewable power producer which develops, acquires, owns and operates hydroelectric facilities, wind farms and solar farms. As a global corporation, Innergex conducts operations in Canada, the United States, France and Chile.
Respecting the environment and balancing the best interests of the host communities, its partners, and its investors are at the heart of the Corporation’s development strategy.
Innergex manages a large portfolio of assets, mostly in Canada, where it is active in Quebec, British Columbia and Ontario. In all three provinces, Innergex operates facilities in partnership with First Nations, and has a project in development with an Inuit community.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Youth & Childhood Development
We believe in a better world where abundant renewable energy promotes healthier communities and creates shared prosperity. Innergex contributes to this vision by leveraging its long-term commitment, proven expertise, entrepreneurial spirit, and innovative approach.
We will continue to generate value for our employees, our shareholders, our partners and our host communities today to contribute to a more sustainable world for future generations.
We remain committed to responsible growth that balances people, our planet, and prosperity. We believe in offering an engaging, inclusive and supportive work environment where each team member can thrive.
Our mission is to build a better world with renewable energy.
Passionate, talented and respectful of their partners, all members of the Innergex team subscribe to the Corporation’s values. These seven values support our vision, shape our culture and reflect our core values.
Innergex has made social acceptance a cornerstone of its development strategy and has a successful track record of building long-lasting relationships with local and Indigenous communities. This has proven to be an incredible lever for growth over the years, and it has enabled us to build successful projects that are fully aligned with our sustainable development principles.
Whether in the form of shared economic benefits, employment opportunities, shared ownership, or partnership agreements, we recognize our responsibility to help share socio-economic opportunities with local communities.
Innergex has many agreements with Indigenous partners across Canada on projects in operation and in varying stages of development.
Since 1990, Innergex has believed in a world where abundant renewable energy promotes healthier communities and creates shared prosperity. Innergex provides a solution to the energy challenges of both today and tomorrow, to protect the environment while optimizing the use of natural resources to produce electricity, and to earn and sustain social acceptance.
Recent Projects in Indigenous Communities
- Innavik, a 7.5 MW run-of-river hydroelectric facility to be built in Inukjuak, Nunavik, a 50-50 partnership with the Pituvik Landholding Corporation on behalf of the Inukjuak Nordic Village community.
- Mesgi’g Ugju’s’n, a 150 MW wind farm located in Gaspésie, Québec, operated as a 50-50 partnership with the 3 Mi’gmaq communities.
- Umbata Falls, a 23 MW run-of-river hydroelectric facility, in which a 51% stake is owned by the Ojibways of the Pic River First Nation.
- Kwoeik Creek, a 49.9 MW run-of-river hydroelectric facility partly located on the Kanaka Bar Indian Band land, British Columbia, a 50-50 partnership with the community.
- Walden North, a 16 MW run-of-river hydroelectric facility on Cayoosh Creek near Lillooet, British Columbia, in which a 49% stake is held by the Cayoose Creek Development Corp., the economic arm of the Sekw’el’was Cayoose Creek Band.
First Nations University of Canada
1 First Nations Way
Regina, SK S4S 7K2
Phone: +1(306) 359-3672
202B Joseph Okemasis Drive,
Saskatoon, SK, S7N 1B1
Phone: +1(855) 359-3672
30 Commercial Road
East York, ON M4G 1Z4
Phone: +1(855) 359-3672
Monday to Friday 9:00a.m.–4:30p.m.
+1 (306) 359-3671