Genalta Power Inc.
Genalta Power converts underutilized energy sources into power. We develop long term partnerships focused on building, owning, operating & maintaining distributed power generation facilities. Genalta has successfully installed 65 MW over 9 projects using this partnership-based approach.
Genalta’s team utilizes a rigorous process for developing highly efficient solutions that benefit both our partners, the environment, and the communities where we operate.
We Have Partners, not Clients.
We don’t sell equipment; we invest in customized solutions to our partners’ problems that create value from otherwise wasted energy resources.
Genalta Power always takes a site-specific approach using tried and tested technology. We pick the best technology for a given energy source.
Genalta Power deploys up to 100% of the capital for its projects with the goal that its partners can focus on their core business.
We take pride in long term solutions that create economic value, benefit communities and utilize otherwise wasted energy sources.
Core Business Values
1. Success of our people
• Ensure success of the people working within and with Genalta Power through training & development, commitment to core values, teamwork and ensuring goals and strategy guides our everyday.
2. Our Partners
• We utilize a rigorous business development model that works, it guides the projects and the people through the right steps at the right time – tried, tested and true!
• We ensure each project is a long-term Win-Win scenario.
3. Tools and Infrastructure
• Genalta believes firmly in empowering employees with the ability to move forward in their core areas of business avoiding red tape in approval processes.
• A strong safety culture as each employee, contractor and site visitor must make it home safely at the end of each day.
• Genalta is technology agnostic – each project is unique, and we ensure that the technology selection fits the project and the project partner’s needs, not the other way around.
• Genalta runs a Genalta Energy Study where we identify the What and the How of a project, ensuring the viability of a project from the lens of risk mitigation and economic viability.
• Each project is a customized solution where Genalta Builds, Owns, Operates and Maintains.
- Execution: Innovation is rewarded, Execution is worshiped, expect to be in the top quartile.
- Integrity: Do the right thing, Integrity is what you do when no one is looking.
- Attitude: Glass half full, yes before no – this is about being open to opportunity and looking at a challenge from a different perspective, this can make or break a project.
- Corporate Partners – Flying Dust Power Corporation
- Industry Partners – Baytex, Shell, Husky, Harvest, Accel Energy, CNRL
Genalta Power isn’t just a company that generates and sells power; we are an investment vehicle that sources strategic partners with untapped or wasted energy resources.
Generating Alternative Power – Genalta Power
Genalta has successfully owned, designed, built and operated independent power production facilities fueled by a variety of energy sources including excess or unused energy such as flare gas, stranded gas and waste heat.
Genalta’s largest flare gas to power projects
- Cadotte Lake Alberta 3 MW Flare gas to Power
- Cadotte Lake Alberta 1 MW Flare Gas to Power
- Cadotte Lake Alberta (Galloway) 4 MW Flare Gas to Power
- West Cadotte Flare Gas to Power 20 MW Flare Gas to Power
Genalta's Future Project
- Carson and Judy Creek 2×15 MW Behind the Fence and excess power to grid solution
- Judy Creek Waste Heat to Power (2 MW Waste Heat to power)
- Biomass 10 MW utilizing municipal solid waste
- Biomass 10 MW utilizing wood waste
First Nations University of Canada
1 First Nations Way
Regina, SK S4S 7K2
Phone: +1(306) 359-3672
Treaty 4 Territory
202B Joseph Okemasis Drive,
Saskatoon, SK, S7N 1B1
Phone: +1(855) 359-3672
Treaty 6 Territory
30 Commercial Road
East York, ON M4G 1Z4
Phone: +1(855) 359-3672
Treaty 13 Territory 9
Monday to Friday 8:30a.m.–4:30p.m.
+1 (306) 359-3671