Cowessess Ventures Ltd
Cowessess First Nation established Cowessess Ventures Ltd. in 2018, as an umbrella organization responsible for Cowessess First Nation’s business endeavours and industry partnerships.
Photovoltaic Solar Panels (KW)
Lithium-ion battery storage (kW)
Cowessess Ventures strives to create a profitable investment portfolio that results in diversified economic success, enhanced Nation employment, and organizational self-sustainability to achieve economic independence for Cowessess First Nation.
Cowessess Ventures is responsible for building business excellence on behalf of its existing businesses, partnerships, and development opportunities.
Core Organizational Values
- Cultural Pride: We honour traditions and culture in all business transactions and ensure Indigenous beliefs are upheld and practiced.
- Mutual Respect: We treat and interact with all individuals, staff, and business partnerships in a mutually beneficial, professional and respectful manner.
- Integrity: We will act honestly, with dignity, and uphold our uncompromising ethics in all our business dealings and interactions.
- Transparency and Accountability: We will conduct all business and partnerships in an open, communicative, and accountable manner.
- Sustainability: We will manage and maintain profitable business pursuits while responsibly manage traditional lands, resources, businesses, and partnerships for the benefit of future generations.
- Relationships: We believe in fostering goodwill and friendship in all our relationships.
The responsibility to oversee and manage the business of the Limited Partnership as referenced in the Covessess Ventures Limited Partnership Agreement which includes, but is not limited to acquiring, holding and manage property, business, and related economic development ventures on behalf of the Cowessess First Nation.
Why Cowessess Ventures Ltd?
With the creation of Cowessess Ventures Ltd. (CVL), the Cowessess First Nation is intent on expediting the economic growth and business development opportunities for the benefit of its citizens.
- Cowessess Wind Development Ltd. (CWDL) established in 2012 operates a one MW renewable energy generation facility located 3 km SE of Regina.
First Nations University of Canada
1 First Nations Way
Regina, SK S4S 7K2
Phone: +1(306) 359-3672
Treaty 4 Territory
202B Joseph Okemasis Drive,
Saskatoon, SK, S7N 1B1
Phone: +1(855) 359-3672
Treaty 6 Territory
30 Commercial Road
East York, ON M4G 1Z4
Phone: +1(855) 359-3672
Treaty 13 Territory 9
Monday to Friday 8:30a.m.–4:30p.m.
+1 (306) 359-3671