Aecon Group Inc. (TSX: ARE) is a Canadian leader and partner-of-choice in construction and infrastructure development. We are building things that matter and are proud to work on projects that connect communities, homes and people while protecting the ecosystems in which we operate through end-to-end sustainability. A sophisticated, resilient company with a diverse portfolio of work and flexible capabilities, Aecon provides integrated turnkey services to private and public sector clients in the Infrastructure and Industrial sectors. Aecon also provides project management, financing and development services through our Concessions segment.
- Safety First – We ensure a safe, healthy work environment and a ‘zero injury’ culture.
- Trust and Candour – We conduct ourselves professionally, with candour, respect and integrity.
- Passion for Excellence – Pace-setting and innovative. Always striving to find a better way. Doing it right the first time – every time.
- A People-Focused, Learning Culture – Developing the best leaders and realizing the full potential of our people. Learning is core – we never stop trying to improve.
- Results Oriented – We have a ‘do whatever it takes’ attitude. Empowered and entrepreneurial operations within a common framework of values, strategies and key processes.
Many of our large, complex projects have been completed under public-private partnerships and alternative finance agreements, a framework we helped to pioneer more than two decades ago. These strategic partnerships have increasingly enabled our country’s growth opportunities and further strengthened Aecon’s reputation for being a partner of choice in today’s construction and infrastructure development activities.
Aecon Project Partnership Models
- Joint ventures
- Long-term preferred supplier contracts
- Negotiated, specific-term contracts
- Long-term strategic alliances*
Aecon has a rich history that spans more than a century. In fact, Aecon’s history can be traced back to 1877, when Scottish immigrant Adam Clark started a plumbing and gas fitting business in Hamilton, Ontario. Since that time, Aecon has grown into one of Canada’s largest and most diverse construction and infrastructure development companies.
Recent Industrial Projects
Lily Lake Solar Farm – Peterborough, ON
Bruce Power RTS – Tiverton, ON
East Windosr Cogeneration
Northland Power- Spy Hill Peaking Station
Recent Infrastructure Projects
Highway 417 Kent Rapid Bridge Replacement project – Ottawa
Autoroute 30 extension – Quebec
Highway 409 – Toronto Airport – Toronto, Ontario
Britannia – Water Treatment Plant