Energy conservation is the act of using or consuming less energy by changing one’s behavior. Energy conservation is achievable through low-to-no cost changes.
Tips on how you can change your behavior to save energy:
- Turning off lights when you leave the room;
- Taking shorter showers, using less energy to heat the water;
- Turning down your thermostat and putting on a sweater;
- Use cold water for washing clothes;
- Use a clothesline in the summer months to dry clothes;
- Add electronics to a power bar and turn it off when you are not home.