Accounting Officer 1
# of Positions: 1
Employment Terms: Full Time Permanent
Education: Post-Secondary Education
Experience: Min 5 Years’ experience
Apply By: July 15, 2022
How to Apply: Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org in Word or PDF format with the subject: Account Officer 1 Application
FNPA is the only North American non-profit Indigenous owned and controlled organization developing power projects with Indigenous communities. FNPA bridges the gaps between industry, government, and Indigenous communities to evaluate and develop Indigenous owned power generation projects. FNPA leverages project development expertise, network of industry experts, and technical advisors to develop projects resulting in increased economic benefits for First Nation communities. Community Energy Planning (CEP) provides a community with a comprehensive report on the community’s baseline energy and emissions profile, an understanding of energy efficiency and conservation opportunities in their community, and finally, opportunities for renewable energy projects at the community level.
FNPA is currently seeking an Accounting Officer to assist the Finance & Operations Coordinator with day-to-day financial duties and operations.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administrative support
- Data Entry
- Physical and electronic files management
- Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable
- Quarterly Reporting or as needed
- Minimal Travel Required for Events Required
- Assist with year-end audit
First Nations status and / or experience with Indigenous organizations are considered an asset.
The successful applicant will need:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and accounting software (Sage 300, Simply Accounting, QuickBooks, etc.)
- A positive attitude
- To be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills
- To work both independently and as a team player
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- To be adaptive to changes, multi-task, organize and prioritize
- High attention to Detail and Accuracy
- A strong work ethic
FNPA is an equal opportunities employer who is committed to a diverse workforce.